Do you believe in this ...?

My mom died last month. And a couple nights ago i had a dream about her. Not a normal dream. In the begining it was like a normal dream, but it didnt take me long to realize that i was talking to my mom but my mom was dead and that i was dreaming. At that moment the dream "changed". We talked about current events. She appologized for things, she said things that i would've not known unless i would've asked a sibling. I've never had physical feeling in a dream before, but i swear i felt her arms around me when we hugged. What do you think? Did my mom visit me or am i just lossing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I also believe you because not long ago i got a visit from my dad who died in dec and we also talked and it felt like It was real.....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:57 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I've had that happen to me before and I was told by a priest that it wasn't just a dream.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think the dream can give you a sense of closure and closeness. I remember when my mom died (I was 21) I would dream about her but at first she wouldn't face me and I could never really talk to her or anything. So your dream was amazing :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Sounds like your mom came to say goodbye.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i would have to say that is your mother saying good bye to you hon no your not loosing it
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:48 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I believe you! This has happen to me on more than one occasion. My father died over three years ago and he comes to me in dreams. I can swear I really talk to him. 

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 8:48 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Well, it sounds like you may be mixing two different dreams, which is common. The first part was a release dream. Your subconcious was trying to work through the emtions you are feeling about our moms passing. The second part (after you knew you were dreaming) is an astral projection. Do you remeber where that part of the dream took place? Your spirit and your mothers spirit meet somewhere because you both felt like you wanted to talk. This happens more then most people are willing to admit. Good for you that you can remeber thi and have this wonderful memory.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I believe it was definately your mom. She was probably coming to help you find closure, and to let you know that she's ok.
    I believe my grandfather came to "visit" me the entire first year after his death. Not every single day, but like on holidays, birthdays, or sometimes just to let me know he was near. I never actually "saw" him, but a T.V. would turn on and off when I'd enter a room. When I would acknowledge him by saying something like."ok, I know you're here. I love you too." it would stop. After that first year, he stopped coming around so much. ...so, if you're losing your mind, I'm losing mine too. lol Just enjoy the "visits" from your mom, and don't be afraid to talk to her. I believe she can hear you---all the way from heaven. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:06 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think she was with you. Like spiritguide and the others are saying your spirit had a need to talk to hers and the two came together in a relaxed safe place, your dreams. I bet that was a peaceful dream too.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:12 PM on May. 24, 2009

• "The second part (after you knew you were dreaming) is an astral projection. Do you remeber where that part of the dream took place? Your spirit and your mothers spirit meet somewhere because you both felt like you wanted to talk."

That's something like my husband said too.
    No, i dont remember where the dream took place. We were both standing, but it was like ...dark around us. It was just her and me and we could see each other clearly, but there was no "setting".
    Anonymous