OWW! has this happened to any one else? ideas ?

Ok so this is my 2nd lil boy but i never had this with my first.. I have an OB appt on the 1st anyways so im going to talk to her about it then but ive been having really BAD SHARP pains on my lower left side.. above my hip bone.. mainly when i walk or stand up.. but when i am sitting i can feel uncomfortabl pressure there but not pain.. it goes away every once and awhile but it there most of the time.. sometimes its so bad i cant walk and have to sit down or stop for minute.. its not cramps or contractions and it is only on one side.. does any one have any ideas what this could be.. has this happened to anyone else.. waht can i do? I treid an ice pack and taking a hot bath but that onyl worked for aa few minutes and then it came back.. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!\
btw i am 19 weeks

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:44 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats not a fun feeling. I had that same sharp pain with my little boy. I would always get it while i was standing, usually trying to fix dinner or something. My ob told me it was stretching pains as the ligaments down there were making room. Mine always went away by just sitting down and holding a little pressure on my hip. It did not go away till toward the end of my pregnancy. It will get better!
    aidensmyangel

Answer by aidensmyangel at 8:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yep, ligaments stretching. it sucks! sorry I wasn't more help.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 8:56 PM on May. 24, 2009

• umm its stretching and theres really nothing you can do about it...it kinda comes with the territory
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 9:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It's ligament stretching pain, they get worse with the more children you have. I'm still getting the extremely painful ones and my due date is in four days. It sucks and nothing works sitting down for me only helps a little.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like ligament pain to me, personally. I had horrible round ligament pain while I was pregnant. Do mention it at your appointment, though. Nothing helped mine, either.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:26 PM on May. 24, 2009