How did you potty train a 2 1/2 year old to go potty in the night?

My daughter is potty training and only having about one accident a day for the past few days and people keeping asking are we doing it at night too. I was wondering how do i go about that cause right now i just cut back on the drinks and she normally wakes up dry but i still put a diaper on just in case

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 8:45 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You have to take the diaper off. And yes, she will probably have an accidnet. but no kid likes to wake up to a wet bed.
    My son was fully toilet learned by the time he was 2 1/2 yrs. They will only learn if you give them the opportunity.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:48 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Wake them up to go at the same time of night each night.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:55 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would try to avoid waking up the child. That could turn into a habit even after the child is fully trained. Just make sure she pees before bed, if she wakes up at night put her on the toilet. But i wouldnt wake a sleeping child up.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:01 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I didn't have to do anything. DD started at about 10 months having dry diapers at night so I started leaving them off.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:06 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Never wake a sleeping child; this can really mess up their sleep patterns. At this age, most teeny bladders just can't go that long. My daughter was four (and reading and tying her shoes) before she was completely out of diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 AM on May. 25, 2009