what to do with night mares?

both my children have had night mares since the day they were born but lately its been getting so much worse what do you suggest

please h elp me im desprite my pedi said to give them a passy and i hate the idea one of my kids used to rely on her passy so to give it back to her is just sounding stupid

help me

mama2and2angels

Asked by mama2and2angels at 9:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My oldest son had night terrors when he was about 3 years old. He would have them at the same time every night for about 3 weeks. It was awful!! We would go in his room and hold him and comfort him til he went back to sleep. My youngest son has an occasional nightmare. All you can do is just comfort them and let them know that Mommy is there and it's just a bad dream and it's over now. Try playing some soft music in their room at night, that might help.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I wish I had an answer..my son is almost 5 and occassionaly he'll have nightmares too and keep crying until someone goes in there and holds him and let him know it's okay....I guess it's a normal thing because I've asked my doctor....it's just something they will grow out of...
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2008