For those of you that are against abortion personally, but don't feel its your place to tell someone else?

If slavery were still around would you be against slavery but okay with other people making that choice?

Why or Why Not?

Just a side note: In the 1800's alot of people were against slavery but thought said "Just because I am against it personally, it doesn't mean I should make it legally wrong for everyone else."

THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• well slavery is something entirely different. It's not like the ppl who have the slaves were possbily raped or their birth controll failed or they made a stupid mistake due to trama as a child. ect ect. and that's why they have the slaves. ...that just doesnt make sense.
    you cant compare apples to oranges.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:18 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Two different things I cannot tell somebody what they should do with their own body but allowing other people to oppress others is completely different

Anonymous

• i don't care who you are it's my body you can NOT I REPEAT NOT tell me what to do with MY BODY at all its a womans right
    Anonymous

• Everyone who was pro-slavery was free. Everyone who's pro-choice/abortion has been born. If that's not oppression, I don't know what is?

Anonymous

• Wow. Not even in the same category. A slave is not part of YOUR body. They are not something created by YOU.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 9:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Abortion and slavery are two different things. You can not compare them..

Answer by louise2 at 9:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• So, is it okay for your arm to hit your child?

After all, your arm is part of your body!
    Anonymous

• I'm very against abortion. I have talk to teens that are pregnant and encouraged them to not have an abortion and to give up their baby for adoption. I adopted a baby 5 years ago from a young lady that was 14yrs old and was a great girl. I'm very proud to say that I am pro-life. I have teenagers and I discuss this with them and their friends often in a easy going way and they talk very openly about it. Great Topic! Thanks!
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 9:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

WHAT???

Anonymous

• these to things are not the same. holy crap ignorance rears its ugly head again.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:26 PM on May. 24, 2009