Since we're on the subject.......

Do you think if moms bellies were see-thru, where you could see the little baby growing (see the little arms, feet etc) alot less people who be pro-choice?

Why or Why Not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 9:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• no
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:29 PM on May. 24, 2009

• No. Its like saying that someone who sees an ultra sound is going to change their mind because they see the same things as you listed. Women choose abortions for their own reasons: poverty, abuse, rape, not ready to be a parent, too young, not have a steady partner, or the father of the baby isn't taking part...ect... Seeing the fetus doesn't actually change the situation. The vast majority of women who have chosen abortion have seen ultra sounds and STILL have the procedure done.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:35 PM on May. 24, 2009

exactly.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:37 PM on May. 24, 2009

• actually they have proven that many women have changed their minds after seeing an ultra sound of their baby. that is why some states make it mandatory that they do an ultra sound before actually doing the abortion. after the ultra sound is done they are given 24 hours to rethink what they are planning on doing.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:38 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Comparing ultrasounds to seeing the baby is like comparing apples to oranges.

Even the new 3d ones aren't as clear as seeing the baby.
    Anonymous

• Blah. This is a never ending subject. With never ending drama. Some might change their minds, but most won't.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 9:44 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think an ultrasound prior to choosing abortion should be an option that is encouraged. I also think women should be informed of the other avenues they can go down (adoption, places that are willing to help them financially, etc.). However, I do not think that anybody can make the decision for them. I do believe there should be more strict laws governing abortion. For example, it shouldn't be allowed to be used as a birth control method.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:53 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would still be pro-choice.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:12 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yes i think there would be less of them. i wish i had looked at the untrasound before i went through mine. i soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo regret it and it's something i could never make right ever. the lord may of forgiven me but i have to live with it for the rest of my life and believe me it's hard knowing i murdered my poor unborn child. these are tears that can never be comforted ever until i pass to the after life. i hate seeing all these abortion questions and how women who have had them and feel no remorse for it. i am not a firm believer of not having them done at all for any reason and never will ever again do that. EVER....NO MATTER WHAT EVEN IF MY LIFE OR IT WAS IN DANGER! THE LORD WILL HAVE HIS WILL DONE NOT MINE.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:13 PM on May. 24, 2009