How would you tell him? (TMI Maybe)

Ok, so my hubby and I have talked several times about kids...as in more than the one DS we have and love. He doesn't want anymore, I want one more..preferably a girl but I'd be happy either way.

Anyway..we had unprotected sex(a mega rarity) about 14 days after I started my cycle...so...right around ovulation time. I've been extra crampy, nauseous, and generally thinking I might be pregnant.. (heh, oops..) .

I have a few more days I have to wait before I'll be late for my period, and I plan on testing, of course. I haven't brought it up to him..I'm not sure whether he'll be happy if I am or not..or how upset he'll be if I am.. Anyway, how would you tell your hubby if you pregnant, and you were in this situation?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 9:42 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't say anything until that test comes out positive...and if he gets upset remind him it takes two to have unprotected sex! He had the fun, he knows the consequences! Besides, you know he'll love the kiddo in the end even if he wasn't planning on having another one!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I wouldnt say anything till you get a posative test. There is no need to talk about it till then and if the test is posative then just tell him that your pregnant.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:44 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm with Shelii on this one. Don't tell him tell your 100% sure your pregannt.

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would definitely wait until you get a positive test. If its positive, you need to wait for a good time to bring it up but do it as soon as possible. Maybe one evening after his favorite dinner or something. Just tell him it was an accident, you didn't plan it, and see where it goes from there.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would def just wait for the results of the test. You dont want to get him concerned about something that may not even be something. But when you do find out, just sit him down and say...i know this may not be something you want to hear but I am preggo. I just want you to be supportive because we are in this together even if it wasnt planned.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I agree with Shelii. Mine freaked out all three times, but he was always happy after the initial shock. Not all men are like that though I think your hubby will be happy.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:55 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Wait for the test results. As sad as it is, I actually told my SO over the phone both times! I wasn't worried about the reaction, I don't think...we were in different states from each other both times I found out.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:59 PM on May. 24, 2009

• He was there so he should know you had unprotected sex and the possiblity of a pregnancy so why would it be a shock?
    Anonymous

• Wait until you know for sure and then go buy a yummy ice-cream cake that says surprise baby on the way lol. My husband and I did that with our other kids when we found out we were pregnant, you should have seen their expressions it was so funny!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:12 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't think it'd be fair for him to be upset with you about it, if he didn't want another he shouldn't have had unprotected sex with you, he knew what he was doing. If it were me, I would just tell him my thoughts, I always share my thoughts with DH :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:37 PM on May. 24, 2009