Do you have or did you ever have a child that was in jail?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• No. thank God, but I had to get a lawyer and he got probation and had to live out of our home for a year and so my lawyer argued that out placement could be his grandma's house and the D.A tried to argue that it had to be at a residentual facility and to make a long story short he got to go live with grandma for a year. He has stayed out of trouble ever since and currently lives with me.
    Anonymous

• No, and I hope my two sons never do anything stupid to wind up there. My twin brother was in for a while. Enough said. I am good friends with a guy I knew in Middle School and just reconnected with him and he was in for Manslaughter.
    Anonymous

• No. My kids never got in any kind of trouble. They went to college and have good jobs and happy marriages. I don't even know anyone who has been in jail.
    Anonymous

• No, and hopefully not ever. But my former stepson, now grown, was in jail and he was the nicest of my former stepkids. You just never know. Communicate, go to family theraphy, whatever it takes. You can't abdicate, this is, or was once your innocent child.
    Anonymous

• my children are not old enough for jail but uv yes. he has learned his lesson and it was stupid he went there in the first place. it really wasn't a bog issue like they made it be. my son is an honor roll student. he just got mixed up with troubled kids when we first moved out here.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:24 PM on May. 24, 2009

• not jail, but a detention center, pretty close to the same thing, he was there for 10 months.... kept breaking probation, finally went away... he's not too much better now, but he just turned 18, so it won't be juvie next time, it'll be with the big dogs... sorry, I know it sounds insensitive, but you haven't lived with this kid....
    MicheloAnn

Answer by MicheloAnn at 10:32 PM on May. 24, 2009

• MicheloAnn: a detention center is jail. The jail in my city is called Kenosha County Detention Center.

My son has not been in jail and I hope he never does. My brother has been in and out of jail for about 15 years. I really hope that my son doesn't take after his uncle.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:03 AM on May. 25, 2009

• My brother was in and out of jail since he was 15, over 10 years of being in and out he finally straightened out and flew straight-ish.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 1:26 AM on May. 25, 2009

• yes and no. My son (17) has been brought home by the cops FIVE times this year 3, bc he was drunk, and two because he was parked somewhere having sex with a girl on private proporty

two other times they put him in a holding cell for resisting arrest.
    xxDianaxx

Answer by xxDianaxx at 7:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009