Are there any other Pentecostals out there?

I'm a Pentecostal Christian, and some of the other Christians here have really weird ideas that are not close to what the Bible says at all. I have no idea what denomination of "Christian" they are. And also, I've noticed that a lot of people on here hate Pentecostals, for who knows what. I'm not the never-cut-my-hair, long-skirt-wearing, no-make-up, no-jewelry type of Pentecostal. I wear pants, and have long hair, but I cut it sometimes, and I wear make up and jewelry, but I'm still Pentecostal. Is anyone else here Pentecostal or non-denominational? I don't like how Christianity is divided up, I just call myself "Christian" but lots of people have bad views of us (because of the people who call themselves Christians, but don't lead the life) so sometimes I have to re-iterate that I'm a devout Pentecostal Christian. Anyone else?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:56 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am madly in love with Jesus Christ, an adopted daughter of God the Father and diligently seeking to walk daily in the power of the Holy Spirit. I am non denominational. I do wear pants, and makeup and jewelry, I believe in all the gifts of the spirit.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 9:44 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I am Pentecostal, I agree with alot of what you say. People who call themselves "Christians"' do not understand that we are living a a day where you are either on the Lord side or not. Making such a stand will result in persecution and scoffing. I feel that too many so called Christians on here get intimidated when non-christians become upset with the truth they tell. I strongly beleive that if a Christian has made friends with someone who lives in complete rebellion to the word of God something is seriously wrong. We are fighting a spirit, when a demonic spirit is addressed it will speak in retaliation of truth,but instead of us understainding what is going on we are appeasing them and being apologetic for it. IMO
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:05 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Well, I used to be a pentacostal. So, I know how that religion interpreates the bible. But, like everyone else, it is just an interpretation. You can't say that the other Christians are wrong. Their belief is just a different interpretation then yours. That was one of the things that I had a problem with in the religion. If anyone thought differently, they were wrong. There was no room for difference of opinion, no room for you to say, "Ok, maybe I'm wrong."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:12 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I am a born again believer of Jesus Christ that believes in the following: God the Father, Jesus the Son, Holy Spirit, baptism of water, spirit and fire. gifts of the spirit which includes tongues, The Cross and Grace Message, the Message of Love ... and a whole lot more. Here is where you can go to see a lot of what I believe : http://www.blazingfire.org/corevalues.htm
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:16 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was raised pentecostal. I'm not a Christian anymore though, sorry : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:17 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was raised pentecostal.. now attend a non-denominational church but the basic doctrine and beliefs are the same as what I was raised in but without the extra rules that were not in the bible (i.e. no pants, no make-up, etc.).
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:02 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm not Pentecostal, I have gone to that kind of church. Its not that bad. Would you consider being friends with a Lutheran?
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 1:19 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I am pentecostal and I agree with you also..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:54 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I am not pentecostal, I am a former southern Baptist and now a Pagan.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:31 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm Assembly of God, which of course is a branch of Pentecostal. And, I agree with what you said, also. God bless you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:33 AM on May. 25, 2009