Does anyone have advice for me on getting my 10 month old to sleep alone in her crib!! Problem- when her binky falls out she wakes and is difficult to get back down! She was a premie and I was nerotic so she slept in a pack and play by my bed or with me since birth... trying to get her into her own bed now! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! haha

firehoney

Asked by firehoney at 10:15 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Janet Tamaro. It will help.

Know that night waking is normal; sleeping from dusk to danw CAN happen but shouldn't be expected.

You may want to look at getting her to sleep without the pacifier, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:24 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I agree with the no cry sleep soloution but i thought it was by elizabeth pantley, In the book she describes getting the baby to sleep without a paci by letting her become relaxed and drowsey with it then gently removing it once sucking has become sporadic and gently pressing on her chin or under her upper lip, if she fusses -repeat, it might take quite a few times
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:37 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Get a routine going that she's used to and she'll know it's bedtime and she'll get used to her bed. She'll cry in the beginning and I say leave her be until she goes to sleep on her own. I know it can be hard hearing her cry but it works for me.
    Jackaystout

Answer by Jackaystout at 1:41 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I completly agree with the no cry sleep solution! I do not understand how any one can stand to allow their child to "Cry it out!" To me that is just terrible! I just started with the "No cry sleep" method last month while it took patience so far it has worked perfectly! Just think this way you don't have to torture your baby or your self by forcing them to cry it out and be traumatized.
    ERV2009

Answer by ERV2009 at 4:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I truly appreciate all of the advice and how quickly it all came in! I am definitely planning on getting that book and hopefully it will help me as much as it has helped you all. Please keep the advice coming as I am eagerly trying to figure out something that will work for us!
    firehoney

Answer by firehoney at 4:52 PM on May. 25, 2009