• In the Spotlight:

Crying, is it okay for me to feel this way?

Last time I was pregnant I got kind of mad at my mother, one day she took my16 year old cousin and I on a shopping trip. I couldn't find a jo a desperatly needed maternity clothes, but she bought my cousin $300 worth of Hollister and Abercrombie clothes and nothing for me. I know that sounds so spoiled of me to be jealous, it's just that I kind of thought "What the hell? You can spend $300 on her and not even think about your own daughter?"
Well, now I'm 6 weeks away from having my second baby, and we have hardly anything for her....not that we can't afford it, we just haven't gotten around to it. So my mom called yesterday and said she bought my daughter a bunch of clothes and I was really happy. Today she calls and asks "Is it okay if I give the clothes to Jenny and then she can give them to you after her daughter wears them" I said "Fine." This is a different cousin by the way. (con't)

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 10:21 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• i would tell her how you feel. she may not know and i'm sure she wouldn't do this if she knew it hurt your feelings. i would be uspet but i ahev learned that people can't be held for their actions when they don't know how someone feels. if she does it anyway then you should be upset about it. until then you can have those feelings without her knowledge or let them be known. maybe in her mind she sees things differently.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:41 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Why is it that my mom feels like her kids and grandkids should come last, and is it okay for me to be feeling this upset with her?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Feelings are never wrong. Its what you do with them that can be right or wrong.

I can't answer your other question...only your mom can. So talk to her.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yes it is fine to feel the way you do! I mean I would be pissed too! And how is she going to tell you she bought something for her granddaughter and than be like no she is going to give them to someone else? I really think you should say something to her, that just isnt right! I cant believe anyone would do something like that!
    Anonymous

• Have you asked her wtf she is doing? that would piss me off too
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:31 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'd tell her straight up... you didn't buy them for my child, you bought them for her and I can use them when she's finished with them... thanks anyways, I'll buy my own, let her keep them.
    It sounds like she likes making you feel like you're not as important as her siblings kids. I don't know why she's doing this, but I'd tell her how it makes you feel. Maybe she thinks you're a very giving person and that you'd be willing to share with the cousins?
    I myself wouldn't call someone and tell them I bought them something but I was gonna let someone else use it first... that's kinda wrong.
    I'd go shopping with her and when you see something she really likes tell her you're going to get that for her for her birthday/special occassion and then say... oh my friend so and so loves this color, if you don't mind I'm going to let her borrow it for her date Friday night first... okay mom? And then explain you were just making a point
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:47 PM on May. 24, 2009