What to do about baby with a cough?

My 8 month dd has a cough and when she's asleep she'll cough so hard and then start crying and wake up. We have a humidifier in her room and I rubbed baby vicks on her chest and back. Is there anything else I can do to help her sleep better?

Please help, we aren't getting any sleep at all!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Elevate her when she sleeps. You can also sit with her in a steamy bathroom. The steam helps to loosen up the phlegm.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:44 PM on May. 24, 2009

• We just went through this with our daughter, we elevate one end of her crib (just by putting it up a notch) and put a vaporizer in her room with the vicks-cough stuff in the water and then rubbed her chest and back and bottoms of her feet (then put socks over them) with baby vicks, she got better after about 4-5 nights til she could get some of the phlegm out and that was done mostly by her puking b/c she can't cough it up. It was quite a mess and rough 5 days, glad it's over, good luck hope she gets better soon.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:49 AM on May. 25, 2009