How can i quit smoking ciggs?

I'm 6 months pregnant, and I hate the fact that I still smoke.. But its just so hard, alot is going and I just cant seem to give up this nasty little habit of mine, For my daughters sake.. I need to quit, but i cant take use any aids to help me, any suggestions??

ProudPregoTeen

Asked by ProudPregoTeen at 10:41 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• If you just can't quit cold turkey just try smoking less tomorrow than you did today. Even if that is only one cigarette. Then the next day cut another one out of your day and so on. I've heard of people doing that and it working. I'm sure it's much easier to smoke one less than not smoke at all.
    Anonymous

• If ou have an SO...or a parent, or anyone that can be around you the ENTIRE first few days when you decide to quit it will help. Make sure it's someone who can be stern and actually take cigarettes from you and tear them up. The first few days are the hardest. My SO stayed with me and wouldn't let me smoke, threw them away when I bought a pack (after soaking them in water) and put up with me throwing tantrums like a two year old. He was my "smoke nazi"....but I've been smoke free for 3 months now and that is the only thing that has ever worked for me!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:45 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i was lucky! I was able to quit cold turkey overnight when I found out I was preggo, but started back up 3 months PP. not easy for everyone! not at all! take one day at a time. try to smoke less each day! like instead of smoking first thing in the morning, wait till after breakfast. you can also try replacing a cig with a piece of candy, or call a quit hotline and ask them if it's safe for pregnant women to chew nicotine gum and they will send you a free trial pack. GL!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:48 PM on May. 24, 2009

• My SO used Chantix....you have to get it from a doctor, but he said within the first two days he actually started forgetting to smoke! LOL He got down to one a day within a week, the quit after two weeks. He still gets a little ornery after 4 weeks, but not anywhere NEAR how bad it would be without the pills.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:53 PM on May. 25, 2009