Why does your mom make you feel guilty?

Today my mom was over and told me my house wasn't clean enough to have people over here for my baby shower ( friends are throwing me the party but my house is much larger so it will be held here). I got mad and stormed off... Why do mom's know just what buttons to push to make you feel horrible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• because they are MOMS lol. mom hurts me a lot. she tends to say things before thinking. like when I told her I was preggo she told me it was a mistake, it wasnt too late and it isnt like taking are of kittens. she called me 3 hours later to apologize, but I still hear that conversation in my head
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:49 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Is she a neat freak? If so, to her it wasn't clean enough most likely.
    See... I'd have said "really??? Then it's a good thing you're here.... let's get busy".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:01 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I can understand, now that you're pregnant every little thing seems like a tornado, my mom and I argue all the time, if I dicipline my kids she gets mad and if I don't dicipline them I'm being a bad mother, I personally think is the years doing all the talk
    KarlaAracely

Answer by KarlaAracely at 1:39 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Because you let her. Next time just thank her for her opinion and tell her you are fine with things just the way they are.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Because its the relationship thats closest to our hearts and closest to the one with our kids. Even if we don't get along, we still care what they think. Had it been my mother who said that (she never would have said that) , I would have handed her a mop and said...have at it. My mother saying that would be the pot big time calling the kettle black...LOL..Now my grandmother on the other hand......LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:11 AM on May. 25, 2009