When can I start my DD on "the next step" by Enfemil?

My DD is 10 almost 11 months old and she is FFed. I have always had her on Enfemil Lipil since birth, and I would like to know more about Enfemils next step formula. It says ages 9-18 months, but do I have to have her dr ok it first or can I go ahead and give it to her? Also what is the difference between the regular formula and the next step formula?

lilmans_mommy

Asked by lilmans_mommy at 10:49 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We completely skipped the next step. We talked to my dd's daughter and she said that it's good for those who may have a hard time adjusting to milk for one reason or another, but other than that it is just a way for them to make more money. Talk to her doctor about it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:51 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think it has more calories. I would ask the dr but we switched straight to milk.
    Anonymous

• I don't see the need for formula after they are 1. Just go with milk unless the Dr. says otherwise. Plus it will save you money.

Anonymous

• There is absolutely no need for the "next step" formula. It's a money making scheme from the formula companies.

If she's eating table foods well, then she'll be moving to milk soon...or depending on your beliefs, at least off of formula. There's no need to switch formulas at this stage of the game.

Even if for some reason the doctor says to keep her on formula, leave her on what she's taking currently.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:26 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I agree with TiccledBlue. If for some reason she doesnt switch easily to milk at 12 mos, then leave her on what shes on. My son took formula until he was 16 mos old. He would not drink milk at all and I wanted to keep him on something as long as possible. We finally just gave up giving him milk and he is 3 now. Still doesnt drink milk. He gets his calcium and vit d from other sources.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:07 AM on May. 25, 2009