How long does it take to heal a broken heart?

whats your opinion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I heard it takes hald the time the actual relationship lasted. so if you were together a yr say, its 6 months...but I am sure its different for everyone, some shorter...some well(sigh) you never get over it....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:05 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Depends on the situation. If you have a strong supportive group of people you can lean on, I think your heart will heal sooner.

Anonymous

• Not long, if you give God all the pieces
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:48 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Well darlin, I have had my heart broken a couple of times, and I cannot tell you the exact amount of time it took me to heal. I can however tell you that with the support of friends, family, and myself (yes, myself) I did finally heal. You are a strong person, with your own free will and own ideals. You have always been this person, though you may have just now figured this out. Your own mind, your own thoughts, your own brain. Keep it up girl...Who knows where you'll end up?!?!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 1:10 AM on May. 25, 2009

• The older I get the longer it seems to take! I agree with the first poster. I heard it take as long as the relationship built. Sort of like a hill. You work at the relationship. It peaks. Then it goes back down hill so unless your hill plateaus off somewhere it will take some time but know that every day is one more day behind you so you are getting there. I broke up with a guy one time and when someone asked me how long he'd been gone I'd give weeks, days and hours. I decided when I quit counting weeks I was there. Keep in mind that each day you continue to grieve is one less day you are spending finding Mr Right. So when you are ready, cut the past loose and move on.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:46 AM on May. 25, 2009

• When you find someone to focus your energy on. I don't know about others but i remember getting over someone when I started dating and liking someone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on May. 25, 2009

• too long :*(
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 3:42 AM on May. 25, 2009

• My cat was shot by my neighbor 6 months ago.I didn't call the police and I should have.I still cry about her.so it is more than 6 months I guess.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:36 AM on May. 25, 2009