what are somethings to do to "play" with a 6 week old baby?

just wondering what other mommies are doing with their new babies as they start to stay awake longer to keep them stimulated? ty :o)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 11:14 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aw, such fun times! I'm not really sure what we did when ours were that little. I know we read books and stuff... I also did baby massage with both of them. My kids both like to look at pics of other babies too when they were babies.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:09 AM on May. 25, 2009

• At this point it would be visual stimulation. Any thing they can grab that's connected to their bucket seat that hangs down, like rattles, rings, small stuffies, that sort of thing. The Boppy is a good idea for little babies, I think.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I read in some parenting book that you should stick your tounge out at new babys that they will eventually begin to do it back to you and its their first form of communication...also try singing... patty cake would be good!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:19 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Take him or her outside and say things like "There are the trees! with such deep green leaves" and let the baby touch them, sing together, dance, look into each other's eyes.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:19 PM on May. 24, 2009

• contrasting colors (black, white, and red) things are best to play with baby. They force the babys eyes to focus. Theres tons of stuff on the market in contrasting colors. dancing is good. Stand the baby on your lap and dance the baby, its good for their muscle development.
    blu_ied_gurl

Answer by blu_ied_gurl at 11:21 PM on May. 24, 2009

• all great ideas and we do them all...I am having so much fun lol!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• oh sparrow my baby loves to look at himself in a mirror lol he smiles and coos anad I laugh and say "oh such a handsome baby boy" but the pictures idea is a great one too!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:12 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would play with our daughter in the bath tub, dye the water, bring in toys, see what floated. If you don't mind the mess have her paint with pudding. Its fun. Or make glitter. Sugar and food coloring, and sprinkle it on things.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:42 AM on May. 25, 2009

• glick honey ...he is 6 weeks old lol...but ty for the future ideas! :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:11 AM on May. 25, 2009