Pregnant? I need some advice!!

Last month I took two home pregnancy test because I hadn't gotten my period yet, and they both came up positive. I went to the doctor, they did an ultrasound and a vaginal test and they didn't find anything. It usually comes around the end of the month ( appx 20-31) and I still haven't gotten my period. Friday I took another home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I'm not sure if there's any way all three could be false positives, let alone what causes a false positive. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it seems like I don't have the time to make another appointment with as much as me and my boyfriend work and take care of our 8 month old. I've had the early signs, breast tenderness, fatigue... Some feedback would be appreciated. I've been a wreck!

KellyBelly89

Asked by KellyBelly89 at 11:24 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Crisis pregnancy centers do pregnancy tests free. I have never had an at home one be wrong (I think you're pregnant) but it has to be done in a clinic to be confirmed, so I suggest you go to a center- do it free, and quick and be out :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:25 PM on May. 24, 2009

• A place like Planned Parenthood?

I've had weird appetite changesand different moods. Today I was getting migraines at work also. Earlier this evening I was crying over the lamp( lol) because I couldn't fix it...
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 11:28 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Thank you TXdanielly!!

I would love to hear what other answers any one else has
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 11:29 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I have heard you CANT have a false positive, which makes sense, but i'm not sure how true that is. I've only heard it and it wasnt from a doctor. I say go to a health clinic and get a free test done. Good Luck.;
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:35 PM on May. 24, 2009

• if you already went to doctor and they said no..did you ask them why your HPT said possitive? I just took one found out I am need to go to doc. this scary cause me and DH so happy about this. But any way on box it says a miscarage or recent baby or infections can cause a false possitve. Just double check to be sure and ask why just to be safe.
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 11:39 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm so scared!
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 11:41 PM on May. 24, 2009

• your body can think its pregnant even if there is no baby inside. its called a pseudo, or chemical pregnancy. the tests are still positive, but no baby. its weird.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:08 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Did they pee test you or blood test you? If they didn't do a blood test, I would suggest asking for one since they are 1) more accurate and 2) detect pregnancy hormones at lower levels. Good luck!
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 12:43 AM on May. 25, 2009

• ok so how far along were you when you went to the OB? was it right after your period was due? I went to the OB at 5 weeks prego and they wouldnt do a trans vaginal u/s becuase they said it might not even show the sac yet, just a thickened uterine lining. did you go to a good OB or was it a nurse or something? I would make another appt and I would ask for a HCG blood test because it would actually show the level of the pregnancy hormone in your body and not just whether or not it is present
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:38 AM on May. 25, 2009

• what makes a chemical pregnancy?
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 11:02 AM on May. 25, 2009