Why is there so much bashing on teen moms? Or how every teen moms parents are dead beats.? Please tell me what the need to bash others is for.My cousin got married at 16 and had a baby 9 months later. So shes a shitty parent and her parents are deadbeats bc she was a teenage mom? Cant moms just be happy for other moms regardless of age as long as they have a happy healthy god given miracle baby?

audreybaby

Asked by audreybaby at 11:31 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just a fact...there will always be judging on here....just look the other way, it's about the best you can do.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:38 PM on May. 24, 2009

• oh, and I'm a teen Mom myself. =]]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:39 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i know exactly what you mean...im 17 and i can't syand when people day that your tto young for a baby. I have been taking care of my brothers and sisters since i was 9 years old and not that i had to support them financially but i know how to raise a child and some of us teens could prob do better then some older women with children out here. Jusy because you are young doesnt mean you can't be a good mother...i would love the baby and take care of it just as well as any mother would.
    natalia09

Answer by natalia09 at 11:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think because in our society it's not acceptable. No, I dont think anyone in High School should be getting pregnant because they should at least finish schooling. But, when you have sex, there's always that chance. Just because a person is a teen mom does not mean their parents were/are deadbeats. Some kids with naturally do what they want.

To me, yes teens are too young, they are still children themselves. However, as long as the child is taken care of and healthy and happy, i see no reason for bashing, even though there should be no bashing at all since it does no good. Things happen and when my daughters old enough, I will stress the importance of abstinence and protection and pray she makes the right choice.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• seriously stop these posts there will always be peopel that judge sorry get over it . i was a teen mom and you know what people judged me .
    and not bashing but 16 is no age to get married , but that is just my opinion not bashing jsut saying
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:04 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Bashing other moms is unacceptable.

Saying that you wish teens would wait or that you hope your own teen children would wait, from your own POV or opinion is fine. I'm 24 and sacrafice a lot for my son. However, I didn't have to sacrafice fun things teenagers do, my freedom, prom, sports, going to college or getting my first job WITHOUT the contraints of a baby on top of it. I had already did all my young, fun, stuff. I had graduated HS and college, been married, had a career and missed out on much less by waiting until I was older to have a kid. I was able to support a baby without help from my parents (because those supported by their parents have their children supported by their parents too don't they?). While teenage moms can make GREAT moms, I don't think you should be offended when someone simply says it might be better for a teen to wait until they're older to start planning a baby.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:07 AM on May. 25, 2009

• IDK. A lot of teen moms are bad moms. BUT a lot of adult women are bad moms as well. I am 19 and a VERY good mother. Just set a good example and be the exception to the stereotypes, that's all we can do!
    Mep291

Answer by Mep291 at 12:10 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I was a late teen mom, wasn't even 20. The reason that I discourage it is because most girls are not ready to be full time parents, having sex is a very sacred thing, and should be between a husband and wife. And if the man loves you, says he wants to marry you, why have sex before then? And the teen mothers I see really aren' that great. They can't support themselves let alone their child, and the fathers of these babies don't stick around, and they eventually get resentful about having a kid. But the same could be said of parents that wait until they are in their 30's. I hope you guys can rise above the sterotype.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:22 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I have heard everything but teen moms parents being deadbeats.
    My parent's are the COMPLETE opposite. I am NOTHING like them.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I KNOW WHAT U MEAN I AM 17 YEARS OLD AND I AM MARRIED BUT BEFORE I MARRIED MY HUSBAND I HAD MY SON MASON AND EVERY ONE PUT ME DOWN UNTIL HE DID AT 3 WEEKS
    ANDERSON21

Answer by ANDERSON21 at 1:42 AM on May. 25, 2009