Where were you when the year 2000 began?

I was in the ER. My SO's best friend had tripped over his amp cord (he was playing his guitar) and fallen into a window. He was severely cut and had been drinking so bled pretty bad. I rushed him to the hospital to get stitched in. We brought in the new millenium together at the hospital. The dr. said he'd never forget where he was that year...

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 11:36 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was in Las Vegas on the strip, it was one huge party.
    Anonymous

• I think I was playing Monopoly with my mom...who kicked my ass in that game, I hate when she's the banker!
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 11:39 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I dont remember. I was 12 so i was probably getting high or something. who knows?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:40 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I had just had a baby and was going wild trying to figure out what to do! I was a young mom with my 1st one! 17 and wondering how to soothe him! Awwwww.....memories!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:40 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was at home waiting to have a baby girl. I was wishing that I was in the hospital giving birth. Finally had her on the 12th of Jan., 2000. She was worth the wait!

Country220

Answer by Country220 at 11:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was at church and 17 years old.
    3LiftedMe

Answer by 3LiftedMe at 11:52 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was working, at WalMart there was this employee who was working with me that was convinced the whole store was going to shut down at midnight and that we would have no light and power for days. He bought a rifle and built a shelter in his backyard that he stocked with canned goods and a camp stove and lanterns and what not. He left that night at 11:55 to "get ready" for the new millenium.

So then nothing happened and he was the butt of many many jokes after that.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:56 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was sitting in the living room with my mom. I remember it being REALLY quiet outside. At midnight I went "OMG ALL THIS Y2K CRAP WAS FOR NOTHING?!!?!!??!"

I was only eleven. Hahahahahahahaha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:57 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was fast asleep in my bed. We had just spent 8 hours driving from Chicago back home. We got there around 11:30pm and crashed because we both had to be up for work in the morning. We were in Chicago for my gramma's funeral which was on the 30th (she died Christmas day 1999).

All that was on the radio the whole ride home was talk about Y2K. When I woke up the first thing I said was, "I guess the world didn't end because I still have to get up and go to work."
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:59 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Ringing in the New Year with my SO and preggers with our first child! It was a good night for us, as were many to come...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 12:36 AM on May. 25, 2009