WHO IS WRONG?

My cousin is 20 years old. She grew up living with her dad. Her mom is not hospitalized with possible mental problems and/or heart problems in a town two hours from my cousin. My mother and my other aunt are pissed because I gave my cousin the information about her mom. HELLO she is an adult! They say I was being nosy. I say I was doing the right thing. Who is right?

This is a touchy subject. I don't want bashy. If you can't say anything nice then don't say it.

Katie911

Asked by Katie911 at 11:37 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• You're right however, there's a pecking order in families and the older generation prefers to break that kind of news. Still, I'd have done it too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:41 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I agree with JeanClaudia, and I too probably would have told her as well.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 12:08 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You were right. If they weren't planning to break the news, from an ethical standpoint, someone had to .

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:21 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You were right, she had a right to know that her mother is in the hospital. Also, if there is a possibilty of hereditary conditions, your cousin needs to know this for her own health.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:31 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I agree. Were they planning on telling her, or keeping her in the shadows? Mental health conditions can be hereditary, as are heart conditions. She deserves to know about her mother, and she deserves to know for her own health reasons.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:50 AM on May. 25, 2009

• i agree i would have given her the info...now i may not have called her, or not called looking like i was trying to give her the info. but she did deserve to know!
    lavendaar

Answer by lavendaar at 7:10 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I think she deserves to know and if done of "the older memebers" were going to tell her then I would have too.
    Jillysmom

Answer by Jillysmom at 7:36 AM on May. 25, 2009