Serious problem regarding daughter & her friend

My FIL has a 5 year old daughter, who invited my little girl to spend the night tonite at her house.. Now, she is three years old.. (she'll be 4 in Sept.) and my FIL hasn't done this before, I was all like ok, she can spend the night at your place..she needs to be back tomorrow morning though. Well I get a call from his wife a few mins ago saying I am bringing your daughter home...apparently FIL thought it was a funny g-d damn joke to throw them his boxing gloves and let his little girl 'duke it out' with mine... his wife is saying she did not agree with this, Haylie is terrified, I heard her on the phone SCREAMING. She won't stop crying, she may be needing to get checked at the hospital, and I dunno what else. I'm just absolutely BEYOND PISSED right now. WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agree, my children wouldn't be there anymore. I could see maybe if it was two teenage boys. I still wouldn't really be thrilled about it, but at least then I wouldn't be angry. At this age, the kids won't be able to distinguish between "play" hitting and hitting. They could have seriously hurt each other. You may want to call your doctor, and explain what happened. See if (s)he thinks it would be prudent to have her checked out. And then, let it go. If she brings it up, say that Grandpa wasn't really thinking and he made a mistake. Have your husband talk to your FIL and explain your point of view.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:25 AM on May. 25, 2009

• How in hell could he find that funny. What kind of damn joke is that to have 2 little kids fight like that. What is he trying to teach his DD? I dont even know what i would do i hope your DD is ok be sure to let me know.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Tell his ass off, that was very innapropriate and you should take her to get checked out.If something happens to her later while she is sleeping or tomorrow then the social services/cops whatever will want to know why you did not bring her in sooner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• jesus men are so damn dumb...first of all make sure dd is ok, calm her down...then tomorrow i would go to his house with dd and make him apologize to her and tell her that he was very very wrong and dumb to do that . If he refuses tell him that your child will nto be at his house again until he does as she was traumatized. aftert hat downplay it to dd and hopefully she will just forget it happened. If you make a huge deal about it in front of her she will be more deeply affected and you dont want that. what an ass.and the wife wasnt much smarter....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:27 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm sorry but playdates and visits would now be strictly at my house or none at all if this were my daughter. Thats borderline child abuse. I'd be livid and he'd be damn lucky I didn't call the cops on him. I'd have a talk with your husband and let him duke it out with the FIL but I wouldn't let my child go over to their house ever again. I feel so bad for you guys. I'm sorry that happened!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 25, 2009