Does anyone know what "smarties" mean in a kid that is 14?Kids say it for something else or is it the candy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think its just the candy. I didnt hear anything like that when i was that age that wasnt relating to the candy lol. But these days you never know
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:32 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I've never heard of it. I am 21 and I have twin 16 year old sisters and a 14 year old step-sister that all tell me EVERYTHING! What context was it used?
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 12:32 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I heard on T.V. that kids are inhaling the powder from a roll of smarties. They use it like a cigaret. I hope that's not what your 14 yr old meant.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 12:35 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Yeah, i saw on the News that the kids are using them to inhale. They break it up and smoke it like a cigaret.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 1:04 AM on May. 25, 2009

• What would be the inhalant from Smarties? There are no chemicals in the candy that would cause any type of rush from huffing them. I am sure it is probably just referring to the candy. My kids are young adults and still eat smarties in fact I do too now and again. The powder would be citric acid and corn starch, which would cause a sneeze or the eyes to water. Maybe a cough. Just ask him. I would there is probably nothing to it. Teens are wonderful aren't they? I know they plot to scare the Bejesus out of us.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 1:08 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I had friends that used to snort pixie sticks and smarties (crushed, of course). Supposedly, it creates a faster sugar rush, but I never tried it. It seemed so stupid to me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:16 AM on May. 25, 2009

• They don't actually "smoke" smarties they rub them togehter in the pack a little bit suck in, "inhale" the smarties dust & blow it out to make it look like smoke. It's like the poor mans version of those candy cigarettes (yes, some places still sell those things).

There is no danger unless the person literally inhales it which could get sugar in your lung & no foreign objects belong in there but, I don't know how much damage sugar can do. The issue is that it is "pre-smoking" behaviour which is troublesome since we don't want our kids to be smoking or pretending to. I think that it is pretty innocent if thats all a 14 y/o is doing. Growing up I knew 14 y/o's into way worse.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:44 AM on May. 25, 2009

• its the candy, n yes, its when u inhale it.
    its not that bad, juss a sugar rush.
    i used to do it in school, especially the day after halloween when everyone had a bunch of smarties with them.
    usually when u do it, unless uve done it quite a bit, u choke cuz it goes in ur lungs n all that.
    but its juss a "cool" way of gettin high without actually gettin high
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 3:56 AM on May. 25, 2009

• There is no "cool" way of getting high. Even to pretend to get high, I don't care what kind of high it is. Kids do so much crap to their bodies and sometimes we don't find out about the consequenses until it is to late.

I would bet that it isn't good to SNORT any form of anything into your body. And if you are sucking it up your nose you're are snorting it.

What these kids think of to use to get high jus makes me freak out. I will hear something on tv and ask my son what this is or that is and he will tell me. And I am like " you mean that actually use that?" it just blows my mind. And the sad thing is it could be a 4.0 gpa, honor student to a misfit and the first time they do anything it could kill them. Than who is left cleaning up the mess that "getting high" caused? The family..

dakoto70

Answer by dakoto70 at 9:15 AM on May. 25, 2009

• "Juss a cool way of getting high" ? First of all its "JUST".....illiterate people think it s so cute to get high. Getting high with crushed Smarties is totally insane and stupid and a waste of precious time. C'mon.....any getting high experience is a waste of time. Instead...go to the Library, study,read,learn,prepare for college,GET REAL!
    WHat kind of life do you have if that's a fun thing? Get out of the ghetto, the basement, the trailer park, whatever, and up into the light---grow up and be something, not just an idiot!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 25, 2009