• In the Spotlight:

when does yours and your husbands sex drive stop??. does it ever stop??

my husband and I are both in our early 50s. im 50 hes 51. heres the thing our older kids no longer live with us they have moved on we have one grandchild a newbie, 3 months but our last one is only 11 so needless to say she does everything with us, a babysitter is verrrry hard to find. we love her dearly, but have been rather not close int he sexual way.. I have gained weight and dont feel attracted he says he wants it only when I ask why arent you approaching me?. he thinks I should first?. we usually have sex like once every 8-9 months the other times we are fine with it I guess, it just seems like we are busy and tired and frankly I dont care anymore if we have a relationship that way.. it was good but now its like well I guess I dont care anymore.. we are married 30 years this summer, we both look young and rather attrative. so I need some advice, some answers, SOMEONE to tell us we are normal OR WE ARE NOT and WHAT SHOULD

susan1958

Asked by susan1958 at 12:35 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Its normal as you get older for sex not to be that important. Things just seem to be just as nice to watch a movie togeather. Dont think that there is something wrong with you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:39 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm pretty sure it is very normal for the sex drive to slow down significantly as you get older, for both men and women. I do think that 8-9 months is a little too long though. My mom is 50 and she does it at least once a month. And she isn't big on sex either. I think you are pretty normal for not wanting to like you did when were younger.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:40 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm 56 and I want sex all the time. I mean daily. My SO is 50 and he's a maniac but most of that is just Want -To since his mini him won't stand at attention long anymore but it's fun trying.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:56 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Since you have been married for 30 years, when was the last time in that 30 years you 2 went out on a date? Even if you did gain weight, he's still there. I'm sure he did too and lost a little bit of hair on top too. you can never be to old to spice up your life,hehe, you both may enjoy it. Dress up, go out,have fun. Make a date night for just you 2.. You don't have to go out to have fun. Make a special dinner, turn off the phone,lock the doors and tell your children DO NOT DISTURB! It is true, the older you get ,some people enjoy sex less often, but, its what you do with that less often that counts. Its not the quantitiy, its the quality.Before the night, just touch as you pass, flirt all day, and then when the time is right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    PS....Have fun in your life.. don't let it pass you by.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:28 AM on May. 25, 2009