my dog is rubbing his butt on the floor (like sitting & scooting??) whats he doing???

does he need to see a vet?? is his butt itchy??? what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep, it's itchy butt... possibly worms, so yeah - you might want to get him to a vet to get that treated.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:20 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Thats gross! My childhood dog used to do that. It's one of the reasons I don't have one.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 1:25 AM on May. 25, 2009

• itchy butt you might wanna make him stop bc you could get skid marks on your carpet. lol but also take him to the vet to be safe
    Thaifalung20

Answer by Thaifalung20 at 1:29 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Itching. Possibly worms if he's doing it a lot. Next time he poops, smash it and check it out. Yes, it's gross, but ya gotta know. Little white spots are worm eggs. So if you see anything, get him to a vet. Otherwise, give him a bath and see if that helps.
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 1:32 AM on May. 25, 2009

• if its not worms you can take a baby wipes and clean off his butt after he is done to see if it helps. gross but either that or nasty carpet. I had a dog who lovedddd to do that and nothing made him stop til we put in hardwood flooring.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:34 AM on May. 25, 2009

• yikes! nasty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 25, 2009

• My puppy that I complained about in another question eats my hair here and there and sometimes when he poops my hair is attached to his poop and still in him (I have long hair), he drags his butt until it comes out. It could be itchiness but I have never heard of it being worms. I'm still mad at him so I have no further comment.......except that he is really cute.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:18 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Yeah, most likely worms.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:19 AM on May. 25, 2009

• It doesn't necessarily means he has worms. You should still take him to the vet to be checked because that is a sign of worms. My dog used to do that after everytime he would go to the bathroom. The vet said he just needed a little extra cleaning. Just like if we didn't wipe ourselves after we used the bathroom I don't think we would be to comfortable either. Still get your dog checked for worms just as a precaution.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 2:48 AM on May. 25, 2009

• my dog does the same thing that Gigi1969's dog does... so gross!!! sometimes i have to... help her *shudders*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on May. 25, 2009