• In the Spotlight:

unintended pregnancy....

So, I just lost my job (got laid off) and then found out I was pregnant. I'm probably about 7 weeks along. My boyfriend left me and already got another woman pregnant. I have three kids at home to feed and I don't know how I'll take care of another one. My boyfriend was verbally and emotionally and at the very end, physically abusive. I have a protective order against him and he's not allowed near our children. I won't go into details but there was a domestic violence incident, which was the cause of me asking him to leave. The other woman, btw, was someone he had an affair with and she's 5 months pregnant and he says it's definitely his. I just don't know where to turn because I can't ask him for money to get an abortion. He is very controlling and his religious beliefs are downright scary. (This was something that happened over the last year, he was not religious when we met) Cont.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anyway, none of this really matters, but adoption is obviously not an option since I'd need him to sign away his rights and that is something he simply will never do. I need to get an abortion but I have no money and as of now, am struggling on unemployment. What options are there for someone in my situation? I'm afraid that I'm going to end up with another child that I just can't take care of when I'm trying to start a new life for myself and my children. Please, if you know of any resources, please let me know. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't know of any, but I will say a prayer that everything is able to work out for you however it is ment to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 25, 2009

• he doesn't have to sign away his rights if you don't take the time to establish them. you aren't married... he has no legal rights until you establish paternity. Just don't let him know... if you really want to go the adoption route.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Actually adoption is an option. I'm begging you to consider it. You'll regret an abortion. Please know there are people out there that pray every day to conceive and cannot, that would love your baby as their own and give the baby a wonderful life. PLEASE do not abort this child. Your baby, though tiny, has a heart beat already.
    Anonymous

• gl
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:27 AM on May. 25, 2009

• OP here.....Actually, I know for a fact that I won't regret an abortion. I've had one before and I do not regret it. I'm not so sure I'd be able to say the same thing if I'd continued that pregnancy. I'm just looking for resources. I only noted that adoption was not an option because I knew people would try to convince me otherwise. Even if I didn't have to worry about the father in this situation, I can't afford to take the time off of work if I get another job soon (hopefully) to have a baby and recover. My living children would starve or end up homeless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 25, 2009

• http://www.nnaf.org/

The National Network of Abortion Funds is a good place to start. They help low income women in your situation. Depending on what state you live in, you could try to apply for DSHS, but they take FOREVER to approve an application but any prenatal care, including abortion if it's covered, they will reimburse you for. My state (Washington) covers elective abortions, but I know that some states do not.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 2:36 AM on May. 25, 2009

• OP, i'd talk to your local health department. they might be able to help you out if you want to get an abortion. fair warning though, they will try to convince you to go the adoption route. stick to what you feel is right for you and your family.
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 11:36 AM on May. 25, 2009