Staying hydrated during the pregnancy?

I feel like I am not hydrated enough with my pregnancy cause every time I drink I always have to use the bathroom. Do any of you know if I have enough fluids in me for the baby? And how I can stay hydrated? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

armymom_10

Asked by armymom_10 at 1:16 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its a known fact to drink LOTS and LOTS of water while pregnant. The more you drink the more you pee. Thats just how it works. The lighter your pee is the better that means your hydrated. The darker it is, then you need to drink more. I keep fluids next to me at all times. Expecially in this hot weather. The last thing you need to be while pregnant is dehydrated. Dont worry so much. The baby is fne just drink lots of water
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 5:33 PM on May. 25, 2009

• as long as you are always drinking water, then you should be fine. its normal to always have to pee since the baby is there, and you're always drinking.

I wouldn't worry about it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I dont know how much is "enough"
    But i drink A LOT.
    when i go out i bring like 2-3 bottles of water.
    and i drink more when i'm at home
    and 2-3 when i sleep.

Idk if its just me. But i'm always thirsty. and i hate being thirsty
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:18 AM on May. 25, 2009

• ok the fact that you are peeing so much means you are NOT dehydrated. Its when youcant pee or stop peeing that you worry...pregnancy makes you thirsy, plain and simple. I drank prolly 10 16 ounce bottles of water a day, not to mention crystal lite and diet soda sometimes...just drink all you can and good luck with the baby. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:21 AM on May. 25, 2009

• if you're pee is clear you're properly hydrated. plain and simple.
    if it's dark, you need more water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• if you are able to pee every time that you drink then you are totally hydrated! If you become dehydrated then you wont be able to pee or if you do it will be very concentrated and dark. Keep drinking and peeing! It sucks but its supporting the baby
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:28 AM on May. 25, 2009