my son is 4 and he will not stop peeing the bed what do i do

jess5252

Asked by jess5252 at 1:24 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not really a pregnancy question:) Ummm... has he ever not peed the bed? its completely normal for kids to pee the bed long after they are potty trained. Cut off fluids alot earlier, take him to go potty before you put him to bed, put a night light in the bathroom and stock up on some good night pull ups:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:27 AM on May. 25, 2009

• need more info to help you. There could be tons of reasons he is doing this, but i doubt its on purpose...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:28 AM on May. 25, 2009

• My brother peed the bed till he was 7. Some kids don't develop that hormone that helps you realize you need to wake up to pee until later than others.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:29 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I was like 10 when I stopped peeing the bed. I still have poor bladder control. If it is a new development, then it may be medical, or it may be from a change in his life that he is having a hard time coping with (a recent move, new daycare, starting school, divorce, marriage, death, a new baby, anything) Can you provide more information about it?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:43 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I believe its guess of that dream the one where your sitting at the toiltet and have the urge to pee and then there it goes but i would say buy the cover for the mattress and if anymore info is needed tell the pedriation and see if maybe like some moms already said you need to cut the fluids alittle earlier or something like that
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 5:04 AM on May. 25, 2009

• No drinking after 6. I peed the bed until I was 5...it's probably just a nuisance more than a medical problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on May. 25, 2009