What should u do if your daughter was 13 at the time she had sex with a 17 year?

Press charges?Go tho the parents?Pick the mom out and tell her to give the Dad the child?What?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• first I would listen to my daughter and hear what she has to say without jumping to accusations,giving advice or jumping in. Then I would take it from there. In no way would I allow this ti happen again, but inorder to make a good decision I would need to find out more. Hopefully your daughter trusts you enough to tell you the entire truth.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:40 AM on May. 25, 2009

• That really depends on the state you live in. In some states, you cannot press charges in this case if both parties are under 18. You need to find out what your state laws are and you need to do some soul searching and figure out how you feel about it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:41 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would press charges. He is old enough to iknow better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Depends on the statutes. If it's SR at 18 then at 17 I would just talk to the boy and his parents. If he was 18 I would press charges.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:44 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Well this may not be a popular answer but, I would consider a number of things. What is this boy like? Is he mature or immature (relatively speaking)? Is he an outgoing smooth talker or is he a shy late bloomer? Was he "dating" your daughter? Were there drugs or alchohol involved? What is his family like? What kind of friends does he have? Is he upstanding or shady?

I would try to put things in perspective. None of us would want our 13 year olds having sex but, before I would take legal action (which I'm not sure about since he was under 18 but still 4 yrs older than your daughter) I would really try to see the situation for what it was. If though, you believe your daughter was taken advantage of, coerced, pressured, or manipulated I would take every action possible against him to the fullest extent of the law. If you think this was misguided young "love" I would talk with your daughter about BC, abstinence, & self respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• My daughter is very mature, strong willed, smart, and not easily swayed by a boys attention. So if she had sex with a 17 year old I know it would be her choice. But she hasn't even kissed a boy yet. In any case unless I thought it was rape I would not press charges. I wouldn't destroy a boys life simply because my daughter decided to act grown.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:02 AM on May. 25, 2009

• my sis was 13 an had sex wit a 16 almost 17 year old an my mom didn do crap an then she had sex with a 21 year old yes 21 i was like wtf an she is just haven sex like its nuthing bc she thinks she is in love an then next week it will be another guy but if she was mine i would so press charges an take the phone away but i cant say to much i was 16 so yeah
    Mrs.Brewer0607

Answer by Mrs.Brewer0607 at 7:01 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Press charges.
    smartiemouth

Answer by smartiemouth at 7:58 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Well I think that 13 is way too young to be dating a boy that age and I am going to assume that they are dating.......I would be having some serious conversations with the parents of the boy and also the cops...they are both underage but she is way underage and he knew exactly what he was doing,probably coerced her big time.......
    I also know that 13 girls can dress and try to act older these days and that falls on her parents for letting her leave the house that way.....take away her makeup and trashy clothese and let her be a kid.......
    my daugher is 10 1/2 and still dresses like a little girl should and no she wont be dating until she is about 16...yes parents can inforce rules like that...its why your their parent and not their friend.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:03 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I'd have a talk with your daughter. I'd also talk to the boys parents. I know girls can dress suggestively but you must be a parent. My 13 year old and I have had many discussions about these things. You are responsible for her and for setting rules.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on May. 25, 2009