Anyone out there with endometriosis?

I had my tubes tied 9 mo ago and was just told that I might have endometriosis. My doc said some people live with it for up to five yrs but I am freaked. I am only 24 I dont want to have my female parts removed yet. She put me on birthcontrol to see if it helps but the pain is really really bad. Anyone have experience with it that has some advise or just some support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Health

• i was diagnosed 8 years ago, after my laproscopy they said i had stage 3.. i was only 16...,, they said it was very unlikley for em to get pregnant,, and now i have 2 children.. i didnt respond well to the birthcontrol, and since ive been pregnant i missed my last sugery< was set for when i was 20 but didnt happen> so i have one set at 25 and im so scared.. i know eventually i will have tho ahve things taken out... and it is scarry.. the best thing ive found is to find a doctor that you really like, and express everything to him/her

you can always pm me if youd like more advise
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:03 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I had endo for 3 years before I was finally diagnosed. I was diagnosed stage 4 in October of 2003. I still have all my "female parts" My sister just got her diagnosis in February, after 2-3 of doctors and tests and whatnot. She hasn't had any surgeries with the exception of her diagnostic surgery. A lot of women will respond well to hormone treatment. Talk to your doctor about Endovan. In order to get a proper diagnosis, you will actually require exploratory surgery. It is a simple procedure called a laproscopy. You will have three small incisions, one in your belly button, and two on the lower abdomen, both sides. They will send a camera in to see exactly what the situation is. They can scrape off the scar tissue then and a lot of women will also notice relief from that as well. If you have any other questions, let me know.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:48 AM on May. 25, 2009