What does Coexist mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Coexist has do with all religions and faiths existing peace. It does not mean that the people who say this believe in God. It simply means that they wish for harmony amongst diversity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on May. 25, 2009

• well put Anon.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:07 AM on May. 25, 2009

• agreed with anon. the symbols "spelling" coexist are religious icons representing different religions
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:29 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Couldn't have said it any better
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:38 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I agree with the anon and also that to me it says that peace is possible - "coexist" is a verb, it's a *choice* we make to live together in peace and harmony, embracing diversity rather than trying to eradicate it. It doesn't mean that we agree, but that we respect other beliefs and paths and accept their existence in this world alongside our own beliefs.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:15 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I think it means that we can all embrace each other and all that we believe, and still respect each other. We can all find a common ground, even among our most sacred beliefs....if we just took the time to do so.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:03 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I think you said it best with the picture you posted along with your own question OP... lol. Living together in peace amongst each other while having freedom of religion.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:48 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Well, I really don't have anything to add here. But really it represents all people of all faiths living together as humans and not by being defined by their religions first.

**Group Owner**
    Join us at: www.Cafemom.com/group/EndReligiousHate

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

• To me it means be happy and peaceful with all of our brothers and sisters...We are all here for the same cause, so why fight with people over nothing?
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:16 AM on May. 26, 2009