Does anyone else do this?

My mother says I have a knack for forgetting the bad things about people to a fault. I will let people walk on me, while I am blind to it. After I stop spending time with them, things will become clearer. I stayed in a relationship for 3 years that was so terrible, had I not had on my "blinders" I would not have stayed for 3 months. I have a friend that I recently stopped speaking to, and all of these things that I had been forgetting started surfacing again. Why do I do this? I only end up hurting myself. I refuse to see the harm some people do to me.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:04 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband is that way too.He is way too nice.People who are supposed to be his friends take advantage of him,then he gets upset.I am the oppiset of him.I think it is best to be somewhere in the middle of both.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:34 AM on May. 25, 2009

• me too, to a degree, my issue is I think that iif I just be nice, eventually people will be nice back and trust me lol my inlaws are the devil any way ya look at it. I think we do it because no one wants to admit they made a bad choice in someone, who wants to admit they trusted the wrong person again? also , we are maybe just nice people, too nice yes, but still dont beat yourself up too bad for wanting to see the best in someone. there are far worse faults dear. :o)
    BTW are you awake because you cant sleep? lol just asking because I have answered almost all your stuff. i am waiting for my baby to wake up to eat...which i think I hear him squeaking so soon now...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:08 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I work nights so I am always up late. Even on my nights off, I can't go to sleep before about 1 am
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:10 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I think it sounds like youre just one of those people who WANTS to see the good in people and not the bad so you block out the bad things or you forget easily. Since I have turned 30, I have begun forgetting things like that and especially situations where someone hurt me. My sil will call me and say how upset she is at so and so and ask me if I am and I m like...uh, what did she do again? I seriously totally forget anything ever happened. This is a new thing, because in the past, I remember every time, name, date, place and person who hurt me. I cant tell if this is agood thing or a bad....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:50 AM on May. 25, 2009