Style Changes?

I felt like after I had my DD that I couldn't dress the ways I used to. Like certain patterns & cuts were too young for me now & I'm only twenty three. I feel like I have to dress more maturely but don't always like it.

Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think when we become parents we have different priorities in life and don't feel the need to follow "the pack" as we might have before. I've always followed my own style...if I liked it and I felt good in it then it was what I wore. So I guess what I am getting at is...who cares. Wear what you like and don't worry about how you "should' look at your age, or as a parent. There are more important things in life than if you match the cover of fashion magazines. I don't know what dressing "more maturely" means, I'm guessing you mean more conservative. If you aren't comfortable dressing that way then don't. Wear what you like and feel confident in and have fun with your little one.
    lilacs.in.bloom

Answer by lilacs.in.bloom at 12:42 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I didn't feel like that when I had my first - I was 25 but DH and I were already houseparents at a child care facility and had been for 4 years... so we were already parenting teens.

Enjoy your youth! :)

Congrats on your little one!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:53 AM on May. 25, 2009

• well, yes. Theres moderation. I was really young when I had my first but because I wasnt a trendy dresser before, I really didnt want to afterward either. When i started working, I got a little better and I still dressed like an adult and not like a 20 yr old. My dd is almost 15 now and though dressing like her would be fun, shes WAY thinner than I am. I still try to find things that make me look younger. I think Ive decided that I dont want to look matronly. I try to look at what the other moms are wearing. Im 32 so Im still young. I get most of my stuff from the GAP because we have an outlet store here. I am a fan of the preppy look but I do not try to wear low cut jeans or halter tops. I guess I just think theres a point where I should dress like an adult but not like a mom. Those are two different things. Find things to flatter your figure and not your age. CONGRATS!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:47 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I wasn't very trendy before and everyone always told me that I dressed like I was 30 when I was 18...so when I had my first it didn't matter and now 4 kids later I honestly don't care as long as the important parts are covered!!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 7:36 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Wear what fits and looks good. Age appropriate is so out the window. Honestly, when I would wear those baggy , long maternity looking tops, my mom would tell me how old I looked and to put on a t shirt. I kid you not. Please wear what you like . Don't be like me. I have an area for old fashioned night and then my young look. What a waste of money..........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 26, 2009