labor or not labor

i am 40 weeks pregnant and earlier today Ihad a sharp pain on my left side it felt like a bad cramp i wasnt sure if it was a contraction or not it lasted for bout half an hour. then after that i felt little pains in my side every 20 mins. what in the world was that i thought i was going into labor. it is getting very annoying thinkig im going into labor and im not. could it be possible im going into labor or close.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your dr... ask the nurse =) doesnt hurt to talk to them, they are there for a reason =) GOOD LUCK!
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 3:12 AM on May. 25, 2009

• if i were u, id go to the hosp n tell them whats goin on. theyll hook u up n make sure everything is ok n if its true labor or not
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 3:34 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would go because I had the same thing and I am only 27 weeks and I am already 1 cm dilated.. they had to hook me up to an iv and put me on moniters
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 4:07 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Call the labor and delivery floor at your selected hospital. It could be though, labor comes in all forms it seems... With my son, i thought I was just constipated b/c I was a little crampy in my very lower abdomen... tried enemas, laxitives, etc... then finally realized the cramps had some pattern to them after probably 5-6 hours.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:33 AM on May. 25, 2009