Does your partner stop wanting sex?

Heres the deal ladies. I've been in a relatioship with my partner for 5 yrs. We just had a baby three months ago. He made excuses when I was pregnant that he didn't want sex because I was pregnant, I was fine with it, it was uncomfortable for me too. Now, 3 months after the baby is born he is pulling the stress card. He sais he is to stressed with bills and other problems to be thinking about sex. Every time I start to cares him or just try to get him in the mood he pulls away. Even when I try to hug him he pulls away. Does this mean any thing?
He cheated on me before I got pregnant, I kindda feel he fell out of love with me. I tell my self to leave him, but i dont find the strenght to do it. I do LOVE him, very much, but everytime he pulls away he breaks my heart. He sais he loves me, and that if he didnt he would have left already.
I dont know what to do... we rarelly have sex and rarelly cuddle any more
What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Men look at us different when we're pregnant and after the baby is born. We're different people, and we don't have as much time for them etc...
    If his job is stressed at all with the economy it's understandable. He's likely worrying about how you're going to pay for everything and feels that sex is at the bottom of the list right now. When men get stressed their penis just doesn't want to cooperate as well.
    I'd tell him how you're feeling and tell him to be straight up honest with you about what's going on. He may not want to tell you that he's not attracted to your body right now or that he can't get the image out of his head of you having a baby and is afraid you'll get pregnant again and that will put more financial worry on him. I don't know.. talk to him, ask him to be straight with you and listen to him no matter how bad it hurts so you can get to the bottom of the problem.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:17 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Talk to him
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:10 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Yeah, my dh stopped wanting sex (for a variety of reasons excuese). Well, he is now my stbxh.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:12 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Love and lust are two very separate things. He may just not be happy with the after baby body.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:26 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You need to talk to him and be honest.But be prepared because he may say something in honesty that will hurt your feelings.But usually it is the woman who doesn't want sex because of being so tired.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:51 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Oooh. rarely cuddle even. Now that is bad. Cuddling is extremely important in a relationship it releases oxytocin which is the bonding hormone. He is slowly destroying your relationship by refusing physical contact. You have to tell him that you NEED physical contact. If he doesn't seem to care at all or even make the slightest effort than leave him! Physical contact is a must in a relationship. I kind of think you should leave him anyways just because he cheated on you. I think that is a sign that you two are not meant to be ever. You two are just forcing it right now.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 1:00 PM on May. 25, 2009