medicatoin issues while preggo please no bashing

im on 3 pills and 2 inhalers and my mother in law thinks i have a drug problem, im 30 weeks preggo i was just in a car accident and have a pelvic fracture and fractures up and down my back 4 broken ribs and a kidney infectoin to top it off. and yes im on a mild pain reliever a hydro/codone 5mg so i can go bathroom and breath without being in sever pain and antibiotics wich cause more pain so i hardly get any sleep i can barely move and need help to get to the bathroom.

what do i do i dont feel i have a drug problem my accident was only 3 days ago i really feel that she is crossing the line here. taking 5 vitmans isnt a crime if your doctor has blood work that says you need them on top of prenatels for your babys sake.
idk does anyone eles think she needs to back off and mind her own buisness and stop telling poeple in our faimly i have a drug problem when i obviously dont. i mean what would you all do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• talk to your dr that is what i would ddo
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:22 AM on May. 25, 2009

• oh my god! she said that? personally she should be grateful that you and that baby are alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took hydrocodone when I was pregnant, it doesn't harm the baby. And still yet, the doctor would not prescribe them unless medically neccesary. How rude!!!! Do what's best for you, bc if you are stressed that can be worse on the baby than anything. Hope I helped?!
    : )
    tashathejoo

Answer by tashathejoo at 4:50 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would tell her to mind her own business
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 5:06 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would tell her to STFU. Ask her what SHE would do with broken ribs and a messed up pelvis. I betcha she'd take the meds too.

Oh and for the record, I take 4 vitamins/supplements on top of my prenatal- that doesnt make you a druggie... it makes you want a healthy baby. @@
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 8:07 AM on May. 25, 2009

• 5mgs of hydro is nothing. I am so sorry that this happened to you. With that kind of injuries, I am surprised your not in the hospital with a morphine drip or something...LOL....I also took hydro when I was pregnant...just a couple of times, not continually, but I am sure you are fine. I hope you feel better soon.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:09 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Ignore it. You don't need the stress on top of your pain and discomfort. I know when you are pregnant it's hard to brush off things that people say, especially when they imply that you're not doing what's right for your baby. Your rest is so important. Your body is doing a LOT right now. It's trying to heal you and grow your baby! You do NOT need so much stress on top of that.

Just know in your heart that she is wrong and do what you need to do to get better. Your doctors knew you were pregnant when the prescribed the pills, you're under medical supervision, your baby will be fine. Especially so far along. The little one is VERY strong by now.

Just rest and get better!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:25 AM on May. 25, 2009

• psh ignore her. my friend got hit by a car when she was seven months pregnant and was put on heavier medication than that. if the doctor prescribed it to you, its safe for you to take.
    littlemomma899

Answer by littlemomma899 at 10:32 AM on May. 25, 2009