OUCH, OUCH, OUCH....

I had my wisdom teeth taken out 3 days ago and the pain is still intense! So I'm wondering for those who had thiers out how long the pain lasted? Labor and delivery was easier than this junk!!!

HMHUTSON

Asked by HMHUTSON at 4:51 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Health

• does the pain ever slack off? if not, i'd call your dentist tomorrow because you could have dry socket. especially if you smoke. My mouth swole up and hurt for around 4 or 5 days total with the 3 or 4 one being the worst.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:08 AM on May. 25, 2009

• When my (225 pound) husband had an impacted wisdom tooth, the tylenol with codeine the dentist gave him did not help at all. What helped was the Hylands teething tabs we had for our baby.
    You can bite gently on a wet tea (not herbal)bag; the tannic acid will help with the pain and swelling.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I ended up with dry socket so I cant tell you about normal pain, but my daughter had them out in Janurary and after about 4 days she was off her pain meds and switched over to motrin at night. If its not letting up or you feel pain the the jaw or muscle of your face, then you probably have dry socket and that hurts like hell.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:04 AM on May. 25, 2009

• are you taking the pain meds they gave you? if not that would be why
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:50 PM on May. 25, 2009