Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am looking for info about a morgage modification with a lawyer

I am so far into debt I am in a bad arm morgage a lawyer by the name of Craig Laverty in CA said they could help get us out of this miss they advised not to pay the morgage for to months,but don't worry they can not take our house,but can get us in a fixed 30 year.Has anyone ever heard of this.I really need some advised I do have this lawyers bar number I need to find anything I can just so we do not get ripped off

Answer Question

Asked by susan477 at 7:24 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • If you don't pay for 3 months or more they will start the process of foreclosing on your home. Within 6 months they will give you notices and within 9 you will no longer have a house or your belongings unless you move out before they take the house. Our friends were told the same thing and they had their house less than a year. They went off the cheapest lawyer they could and they were told that at a free consult. I would ask him for his bar number, who he works for, where his office is, where he graduated from and look into it. How far behind are you? Are you paying anything at all on your house? You can speak with your loan agent as to what to do and I would look into a foreclosure lawyer who can help you avoid it. Even a bankruptcy lawyer can help you figure it out so you don't loose your home. NOT PAYING is the wrong way to go as it will still be on your credit and you will still be late and they can still take it

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:14 AM on May. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.