Did you get indigestion in early labor?

I have had some prelabor contractions for a while. Last night around 1am, I woke up to contractions that were textbook- starting in my back, then to my lower abdomen and crawled up my belly, making the top of my belly rock hard- then slowly loosened from the top back down. Each time the contractions hit the top of my uterus though, I feel acid being pushed back up in my throat. I'm still having them once every 7-10 minutes or so. Is the indigestion a normal thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wanted to add they have woke me up on and off all night, and I'm still having them and they are still making that darn acid go up in the back of my throat each time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Yes, your hormones are changing and the contractions are causing all your muscles to tighten so you will feel the indigestion. I ate tums the whole time I was in labor to keep the burning feeling down. My contractions started in the front then went to my back and I seriously thought I was going to melt my chest and stomach with all the burning I felt. If you have any meds for it take them to help or drink some milk or eat a banana.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:07 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You also need to time them, how far apart they are, how long they are lasting and watch for bloody show or any other signs of labor. Rate your pain scale on 1-10 that way you know its true labor and not just bad braxton hicks or a horrible upset stomach. how far along are you also?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:08 AM on May. 25, 2009