Now that your child is a little older:

Do you care if you had a natural childbirth or if you used pain management? Do you care that you had a c-section? DO you care if it was formula or the breast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on May. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I feel like people make such a big deal out of these choices and it seems so daunting when you are pregnant and when you're a new mom. Looking back we all have healthy kids and we all do what works. I wish I knew then what I know now!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I really wish I could have gone natural - still. I am hoping with a future pregnancy I still might.
    I do care about the breastfeeding. I think I made the best choice for my kids. Plus financially we never could have done formula! That alone (finances) is enough to make me still care :_)Obviously it's not a HUGE "care" but I am happy with the decisions I made and if asked by a new mom, would certainly have an opinion!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:42 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Hell, no. My toddlers are healthy, happy, and smart. I'm not even going to waste my time to type out what kind of delivery or food they had when they were born. It really doesn't matter now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Do I care? Not really. But I have absolutely NO regrets about how things went...epidurals were my friend and I didn't bond with the boys until I started formula feeding.

I'm also happy with the decisions we made with our sons when they were infants.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:46 AM on May. 25, 2009

• With #1 she is 4 now and I don't regret anything with her beside the fact that I didn't push nursing. I did it in the hospital,but the day I came home she wouldn't latch on so I gave up and gave her formula and wish I would had pushed the nursing. I had her VB.

#2 I also had VB so that didn't bother me,but they let a student do my epidural and messed it up I was leaking spinal fluid and had to have 2 blood patches done and so with her I regret getting the epidural cause to this day almost 17 mo later I am seeing a dr trying to see what is wrong cause I get really bad miagrane like headaches now every sinlge day so next baby I am going natural. I am not getting nothing else stuck in my back. With her I nursed 3 weeks,but I didn't get to nurse her a lot of the time or even feed her when I was in the hospital I was in so much pain then I went to the ER so she got bottles so I ended up drying up.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:55 AM on May. 25, 2009

• next baby I will try nursing again and hope that time I can
    mommy5409

• I'm pretty happy with my experience, now that is. I was really upset that I had a csection, but it was not in my control. I couldn't, after 24 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing, make my son descend into the birth canal. I loved the epidural though :)

The only thing I wish I did was go see a lactation consultant. I was having major issues BFing because my son wanted to eat nonstop. He's a big eater and I wasn't getting a break and my poor boobs were so sore. I did BF for 2 weeks, then pumped for 2 weeks, but switched to formula when he was 4 weeks. It was the best decision for him. He was a different kid on formula, MUCH happier since he was getting full from meals.

I think BFing was the worst pain I felt, even with having a csection. I was so emotional about it too. So for the next child, I want to *try* VBAC and want to put more effort into BFing. But if it doesn't work out, then oh well, FF worked well for DS.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:13 AM on May. 25, 2009

• i had two natural births after a cesarean. the kids are all the same, my bond with each is the same. i am still very glad i had the natural births. it was for me more than anything. it made me understand myself more and strengthened my relationship with God. it also made me much more connected to my husband. i feel privileged to have had a natural birth and will remember it forever.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:16 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Ive made this statement before. In fact, I think what I said was that my daughter wont be looking around her 10th grade honors english class wonder how many of her friends were breastfed and how many were not....LOL...I guarantee you that theres a good mix of both. Actually since its been
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:42 AM on May. 25, 2009

• got cut off...darn....anyway, I was saying that now that its been awhile since I gave birth, there are somethings that I would change just for MY OWN benefit but nothing that would have effected them, well, except vaccination. I wished I had waited to immunize my second daughter. She has been a sickly child from the very beginning and I think her immune system has always been weak. That would be my only change other than things for my benefit. My kids are all above average and healthy now and none of it really matters.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:44 AM on May. 25, 2009