Let's play guess the animal!

Ok. I am still learning about the wild life here in Ohio since there are creatures and plants that differ from the ones in New England. The other day I saw this animal that I can only describe as a beaver in the face with long front teeth, is silver-gray in color, has a skinny rat like tail, and is larger than a average house cat. It is definitely NOT a possum, I've had many close encounters with those mean scary smaller than a cat animals in NE and would know one WELL before I got bit by one again.

So what in the world is this thing? It isn't a beaver, possum, cat, or dog. I am at a loss.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 9:06 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Groundhog?

We have lots of them. They are solitary animals and dig a hole for their home and always have a second hole in their den for escape. You'll see a mound of dirt near the hole.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Holey cow, I just googled some pictures on them and that is it! I didn't realize they could get so big. The thing could eat a small dog or my son!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:15 AM on May. 25, 2009