I'm torn.

Me and my ex do not talk at all. He doesn't do anything for my son. His mom has bought him stuff once. They've both only seen my son twice. And that was a year and a half ago. I really couldnt care less whether or not she's bought him anything...that doesn't matter to me. She has never called me to see him. But for some reason, I'm still considering letting her see Blake. She really didn't do anything wrong, we always got along when me and her son were together. She kinda made me mad a couple times when I was pregnant by saying how big she thought I was getting, but that's it. I feel like I'm keeping him from someone else that could love him. This is her only grandchild and I feel bad for keeping him from her. But at the same time, she's never given an effort on seeing him before. I don't know if it's because she though I'd freak out on her or be mean. Which, I might have but I don't know..Continued....

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 10:09 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know I could never trust her being alone with him because she would let my ex see him. And I refuse to let that happen. The times she has seen him, she's been a good grandma. Never nagged at me or anything-which is very surprising. I just don't know if it's the right choice to let her see him or not. What holds me back is that she doesn't call me and ask which leads me to believe that she doesn't care to see him.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:11 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Write her a letter and explain to her that you would love her to be a part of your son's life.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:12 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't know that she would ever get it because my ex lives at home and would probably open it and hide if from her.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:14 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You need to do what is best for your child.Having a Grandma that loves you is a wonderful thing.And your child would thrive from it.But if it were me I couldn't let them be alone until I knew for sure you could trust her.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:15 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't send a letter, but I would call her and ask to meet her for lunch or at the park. She can see the little one then, and you can talk about whether you two want to get together on a regular basis- say once a month.

Answer by Bmat at 10:27 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would call and talk with her directly. Tell her how you feel and what she says. As far as her letting the kid's father see him, unless you have a court order that says he can't, you really can't do anything about that if he wants to see his son. At least that's how it is in my state.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 12:36 PM on May. 25, 2009