Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help, I'm so embarrassed, and scared.

I haven't had sex in a number of years, when I put my fingers into my vagina there is a really hard lump about 3 inches into it, and a smaller lump just below that. These are incredibly hard, and it doesn't hurt if I push on them, what could this be? Please help, I'm terrified!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Health

Answers (9)
  • I think you should go to a gyno and ask them.Don't worry about being embarrased.Better safe than sorry.Maybe there is something on the internet that will help you.Maybe there will be some medical pics or something like that.

    Answer by evelynwest at 10:18 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • I don't know :( You should probably go to the OB

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • could be your gspot, it's a kind hard lump like thing that's about 3inches into the vagina, deeper for some

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • sounds to me like you might be touching your uterus/cervix....really. I work in surgery, and you are describing exactly what its shaped like. The uterus is bigger on one end and smaller on the other...they are connected though. You should get it checked out just in case though.....I dont want to give you wrong info.

    Answer by angie_david at 10:20 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • I am sorry that you are so scared. There are more things than cancer that it could be, so keep breathing and get to a doctor so that you don't have to worry anymore. Good luck!

    Answer by Bmat at 10:20 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • I've heard that when you're period is near the cervix is lower down, is this possible also?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • well...the thing is, your cervix isnt that far up there...which is attached to your uterus. Thats why it is possible to do a vaginal hysterectomy. I really think that may be what your feeling. Your uterus might be inverted some, thats why you are feeling more of it than some would. Most would probably feel the cervix.......Im not sure about the period making it lower.

    Answer by angie_david at 10:26 AM on May. 25, 2009

  • I would say your cervix(mine is real low and easly reached), I know that I have a lump on mine but it is only pea sized but does not hurt and I had it checked. It sounds like you should go for your yearly just in case. and you can ask the dr any questions that you have.

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:27 PM on May. 25, 2009

  • Probably your cervix but I would have it checked out. Do not be embarrassed. Doctors have seen it all. It could also be your bladder if it has fallen. If this is the care then surgery would be done to put it back. You would want it put back because if it is in your vagina then it cannot empty completely.

    Answer by momtoeight at 6:56 PM on May. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Weight loss and IUD????

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
I'm torn.