What do you think about a Junior in Highschool dating a Freshman in college

My daughter is a junior in HS. and her boyfriend is a freshman in college well will be in Sept. Im really not sure if this is a good idea. What do you think, their only 2 years apart but i feel its two different world. How do you mommies feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would see a problem with that.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:29 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Totally depends on them as people, most HS girls are more mature than HS boys and get sick of the immaturity and date older guys. It is only 2 years, how long have they known each other? Have they been dating a while and now it's him going to college that is changing it to you? Is he going to a local college or away to school? If he is going far away the relationship may end because of distance anyway.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:32 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Hard to say - depends on how mature she is, and how much they really have in common but chance are you can't stop them anyway. Probably they are in two different worlds and will grow apart naturally - I wouldn't do anything to interfere or you can be sure you're relationship with yoru daughter won't be the same afterwards.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:42 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Chances are that it won't last long; college changes people.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would think it depends on the maturity of both kids and how much they care and respect each other. Another thing to take into consideration is if the bf will be going away to college or being in a local college.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I think it's a recipe for disaster. College life and high school life are two totally different worlds. I would either not allow my daughter to date him, or prepare her for heartache.

Good luck
    Anonymous

• If you know the two well, trust them and have provided your daughter with birth control. I think it's fine. You must assume they are having sex.
    Anonymous

• Jr high? How many times did she get left back. Isnt jr high like freshmen? And there is a big difference in maturity lvl probably. How old is she? because he is def. 17-19. You need to sit down with her and talk to her. But if its two years, its ok. Im a senior and my bf. graduated 07, so he is 20..so idk should be fine.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 10:35 PM on May. 25, 2009

• It depends on the kids. It depends on the boy's parents-do you know them? Is the boy a responsible, mature guy? It might be okay if you know a lot about him. If you have doubts then I would say 2 years is not so good because he is in college. A different world.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:37 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I think its ok...im a junior in highschool (im 17)and my boyfriend just finished his first year in college (hes 19)..weve been dating for awhile though (met in highschool) we just had a baby on the 22nd though so make sure shes on B.C. if you dont want her to get pregnant. Other then that 2 years really isnt a big difference...as long as there both mature about it!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:37 PM on May. 25, 2009