how can i get my 6 month old to sleep through the night????

destiny takes about 2 naps durring the day to equal about 3 hrs....wh have a bed time routine.... she usully wakes up about 3 times mostly to eat... i feed her as much aspossible b4 she goes to bed im not sure if she is hungry or if its just a habit....help

destinyfaithmom

Asked by destinyfaithmom at 10:39 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• prob habit to be honest. If she uses a binki I would try putting the binkin in her mouth rather than feeding her. If not, I would try patting her back rather than picking her up when she wakes up. My son started sleeping through the night when he was almost four months. He would wake up about 2 times during the night and I started just doing the binki instead of bottle and not picking him up. Good luck! Hope she starts sleeping through the night for you soon.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2009

• She will when she is ready. My daughter was 8 month old the first time she slept 6 solid hours. Babies won't eat if they are not hungry; just keep doing what you are doing!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:14 AM on May. 25, 2009

• What is your routine? My son is 6 mo and takes 2-3 naps also equalling 3 hours. I start putting him to sleep around 6pm. He doesn't fall asleep until 8. He has his dinner, bath, plays until he gets tired. I rock him and sing to him. Lately I've started laying him in his crib when he's tired. He's a pretty good sleeper. If he wakes up I give him a pacifier and change his diaper. When does she take her nap? If it's close to bedtime that might make her wake up at night. I read this book that suggests to keep a log of her sleep for a week and it might help you find the problem.
    marebear43

Answer by marebear43 at 11:34 AM on May. 25, 2009