house announcements

I bought a house for the first time! I have always rented. I am happy and want to share the news, though I know some of my friends still rent. I do not want to upset them. How can I word the house announcement without upsetting anyone?
I know "We have moved!" is usually the way to do it, but I have done that before and everyone guessed I was rented still.
Suggestions...most of my family and friends live in other countries, so I cannot just call them. Icould email them, but I feel that is not personal enough.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would think that your friends, even if they are still renting, would be very happy for you.
    If you make your own cards, or purchase a set of them, have the fronts say something to the effect of, "Our New House!" or "A New House!" On the inside you can give your new address and phone number and at the bottom have it stated, "From the new homeowners, 'your names'."
    It is an exciting time for you and you should share that excitement with the ones who care about you!
    Also, when the Christmas ornaments come out this year at Hallmark, be sure to look for the one for First Time Homeowners or First House or something like that. We found one of a little mouse holding a key with some saying about First House or something and the year. It is so very exciting!!!
    Congratulations on owning your first home! I wish you all the joys of home-ownership! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:43 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You can do a personalized "we have moved" invitation. Maybe one that says We just bought our first house...come join us for a cookout! You can also have your new address and stuff on it. Or you could have a family member plan a "house warming party and send invitations to all your friends and relatives....it can say......COME CELEBRATE Mr and Mrs BLANK just bought there first house!!!! House warming party on blank and blank street. That way they know you moved and can send a gift if they feel the need. They will also feel happy that you thought of them and invited them.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:54 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Why does it matter if you bought a house or are renting? Just send plain old 'weve moved' cards so people have your new address. Personally I wouldnt even send out cards, Id send out emails. If you feel you must shout it frm the rooftops that you bought a house, then send a simple email that says 'we bought a house, our new address is xyz' then its not as cheesey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Well, i think shouting it out is great!!!! You feel like you have just made a huge accomplishment! Of course you want everyone to know!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:58 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I agree wsith angie. If anyone is going to be upset about your accomplishment (which buying your first house is a huge one) then they aren't very good friends. Congratulations! I think it's great!!!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 11:45 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Thank you all for your advise!
    Anonymous