When did you get your children to start flossing?

My daughter is 2, and she actually enjoys brushing her teeth on her own. I definitely do not believe she is ready for the floss, but then again I have no idea at what stage or age will she be "ready".

So what do you think would be a good time to introduce flossing to children?

LadyBugTLD

Asked by LadyBugTLD at 10:59 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Kids' Health

• sorry no one is answering your question, so im gonna give it a shot. My 4 year old loves to brush his teeth too....i guess cause ive always enforced it...he does it on his own now. But with flossing, im sure waiting til there permanent teeth come in is when you should start that. thats my guess anyway. Im not sure if flossing would make there baby teeth come out sooner than they are supposed to or something if they damage them somehow. I dont know.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:21 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Check with your dentist; I think that we started with the dinosaur flossers at around 5.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:26 AM on May. 25, 2009

• My 2 year old flosses. If their teeth touch, they are supposed to. We use those flosser plastic things made for kids. She does fine. Of course we do it for her at this age.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:43 PM on May. 25, 2009

• we started flossing our daughter's teeth when she was old enough to stay still for it, around 2 1/2. she's 4 now and can do some of it on her own.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:40 PM on May. 26, 2009