In your opinion, what qualities are needed to classify a person as "evil"?

beccare2000

Asked by beccare2000 at 11:00 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think most people agree that Anti-Social Personality Disorder (Sociopathy) is one clear and concise definition of "evil."

Here is what the DSM IV states that ASPD entails:
    1. Since the age of fifteen there has been a disregard for and violation of the right's of others, those right's considered normal by the local culture, as indicated by at least three of the following:
    A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.

B. Conning for pleasure or profit, repeated lying, or the use of aliases.

C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive.

D. Repeated assaults on others.

E. Reckless when it comes to their or others safety.

F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations.

G. Rationalizing the pain they inflict on others.

2. At least eighteen years in age.

3. Evidence of a Conduct Disorder, with its onset before the age of fifteen.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:29 AM on May. 25, 2009

• (cont.)
    4. Symptoms not due to another mental disorder.

It is estimated that 4% of all people are born without a conscience (Sociopathy) and could do absolutely anything without any internal moral hinderance. Not all Sociopaths kill people. Some con and lie without regard to the impact on those they're lied to. Some steal because they feel entitled to it. Some mooch off of others and off of the system because they have complete disregard for its impact on others and society. I personally believe that Munchausen Syndrome By-Proxy is a form of Sociopathy as well.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:32 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I would agree --- anyone who can harm others (including animals) repeatedly and not have that nagging "this is wrong" thing goin on in the back of their mind.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• HITLER, STALIN, CZAR NICHOLAS, they were all, EVIL:
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Someone who is so consumed by "self" that they harm others just to get what they think is what they are owed,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Lack of empathy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• No one's evil. It's really annoying and sadistic that people constantly need to go around picking out who is evil so they can look at them as less of a person.

beeky......people with autism and Asperger's are seen as "not having empathy". I have Asperger's. I'm not evil.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:51 PM on May. 25, 2009

• "A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest." - well, I smoke pot and speed sometimes...so I'm evil.

"C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive." - that's in my nature. I'm more impulsive than a planner. Its fun sometimes, and sometimes it causes me to be disorganized. Guess it makes me evil too.

"F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations." - hm...I stopped paying a couple of my bills because I couldn't afford to and am planning on going bankrupt because of it. I thought it was just because I got laid off...but I guess it's actually because I'm evil. Damn...

"3. Evidence of a Conduct Disorder, with its onset before the age of fifteen." - I have Asperger's (high functioning autism).

Shit.....I should just be locked up!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Anyone, in my opinion since you asked lol, who has no regard for the pain (emotional/physical) they inflict on another human being or animal. Anyone who can justify their illegal/immoral behavior and one who believes their own lies to cover their @ss.

I have met my share of pretty evil people. Everyone else finds them charming, funny, classy, or "so good to others" but in my opinion, Evil People are those that are basically wolves in sheeps clothing who are only looking out for their own selfish desires without consideration for others.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:38 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Why is it so important to everyone else that someone should not be allowed to be selfish??? Really, as long as they're not hurting anyone, who cares??? Why does this bother people so much? Maybe they just want to live the way they want before they die. Why keep them from that if that's what they want to do? You don't have to like everyone. Just stay away!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:57 PM on May. 25, 2009