Do you realize?

Do you realize that the conservative majority on CafeMom in NO WAY represents the real world? Only 21% of Americans identify themselves as Republicans and that percentage continues to go down. The only demographic where Republicans are in a majority is white males over 50! That number will obviously keep dropping. While you "rule the roost" on CafeMom, in the real world you are vastly outnumbered!

plainsmom71

Asked by plainsmom71 at 11:17 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ya and so what do you think that any one really cares..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• You don't care that your kind is dying off? I would think that might interest you.
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 11:27 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Did YOU know that the majority of voters identify more with the LIBERTARIAN or INDEPENDENT parties?!

Got any links to support your claim that REpublican numbers continue to dwindle, or are you just making stuff up as you go along?!

P.S. Just because someone is affiliated with a certain party doesn't mean that actually vote that way!!! At 18 I was a registered Democrat (I didn't know any better!), but my very first national election, at age 20, my vote was cast for Bush I...(soon thereafter I changed to Republican) and I've voted Republican in every election since then--except for a handful of local Democrat races who are actually good in their positions!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:30 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Not really. I know MANY MANY more conservative people (not necessarily rebubs...I no longer identify myself with the repubs either) than I know liberals. In fact I know more conservative YOUNG people then older ones. Just because we dont have the voice of the media doesnt mean that there is a large number of people with conservative ideals. Its extremely ignorant (and yes I am saying your are ignorant) to think that conservative= republican, at this point thats not true in the least.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:34 AM on May. 25, 2009

• blah blah blah and when Clinton got in some were claiming the other party was dead then too.I am Conservative first.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2009

• No, I don't pull facts out of my butt. Rush Limbaugh does that. Good God, they've even reported those numbers on Fox News! That's why Republican leaders are all in a panic--and why they had that big summit meeting a few weeks back to try and figure out how to stop their party from hemorhaging members!
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Do you want a cookie? Does that make you feel grrrreat?
    And FYI a lot of people don't identify with either. I am a registered democrat. Dont really know why, I can't remember registering that way. I align more with republican views, but have voted for many a democrat in my day. Most people with half a brain that care about who they are voting for a why, auctually vote based on the person and what that person stands for or wants to accomplish. Your sound very snotty against "republicans." What is your excuse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Is this supposed to mean something to me? Like the internet equivalent of "everyone else is doing it?"

I didn't care in high school and I don't care even less now. I'm a happy conservative. (That also likes what the Libertarian party stands for. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:38 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Turn out the liiiiiights, the party's over!
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 11:39 AM on May. 25, 2009

• take out that don't. . . I shouldn't talk and type, lol. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:39 AM on May. 25, 2009