im going to get induced..... this is my first child.. does it hurt?

sweety_303

Asked by sweety_303 at 11:30 AM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The contractions will but not the induction process. They will either give your cervidel which goes inside your vagina and your stuck in bed for 2 hours or they will do a patocin drip and your stuck in bed for about 2 hours then you will be encouraged to walk around to help speed up the process.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:32 AM on May. 25, 2009

• I was induced with my last one after being a week overdue, and the main difference I noticed between going into labor naturally and being induced, is that you immediately go into hard labor. With my other 2, the contractions started out slow and over the course of 12 hours or so they progressed, With this one I took half a pill at 7 am was told to go about my normal activity and come back in to be checked at 10. We went to get some breakfast and couldn't make it out of the restaurant without help. Went back still hadn't dilated, they gave me the other half of the pill and said to come back in an hour. I tried to walk around for a while but had to come back up maybe 30 min labor due too hard contractions. I was immediately put into labor and delivery but she still wasn't born until 3 Pm. but I would rather have an 8 hour baby then a 26 hour baby any day.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:41 AM on May. 25, 2009

• when i was induced it wasnt bad at all....

they started my pitocin drip at like 1pm... and upped it every half hour to hour... becuase i still wasnt progressing.. they broke my water at 5 pm... still uping my drip.< i stayed in bed the whole time too> and finally at around 11 pm i started to progress and feel the pain a bit... mind you on the chart i was ahving hard contractions but i never felt more than a twang..... i progressed all night and had him the next morning at 10 35 am.... it was a long labor but not painfull at all....

good luck!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:01 PM on May. 25, 2009

• having a child hurts but the actual induction not really. the pitocin will speed things up and make your contractions a lil harder so that its more effective but the pitocin itself doesnt hurt. all it is is a synthetic version of oxytocin which your body makes on its own while in labor. they may break your water and that just feels like a regular cervical exam and then the water is really warm like you peed yourself but a lil different. overall its gunna be ok, youll have your lil one and things will disappear from your mind. good luck and congrats!
    lundaylove

Answer by lundaylove at 12:43 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Depends on what they use to induce you.
    If they use pitocin the contractions hurt 30% more than normal contractions (if you don't get pitocin)
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:11 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I actually would rather be induced. It's an easier process and the baby comes faster. I was only in labor with my induced dd for about 8 hr. With ds that wasn't l was in labor for a couple days. Good Luck!!!
    HoneyPot78

Answer by HoneyPot78 at 6:07 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I was induced at 36wks... I asked the nurse as she was hooking up the Pitocin IV if the contractions would be worse since I was being induced.... she LAUGHED and said she wouldn't lie to me... yes, they'd be ten times worse. I was induced at 12:12pm, contractions started at 2pm, by 9pm I was dying!!!, at 11pm I was begging for pain meds (I'd wanted a natural birth), I labored till 2am when I gave in and got an epidural (life saver) and gave birth a little over two hours later. The pitocin doesn't hurt, but the contractions come on hard and strong and they did hurt!! Good luck. I'm a wienie when it comes to pain, hopefully your experience will be better.
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:30 PM on May. 25, 2009